maandag 26 oktober 2009

Mamma Mia 2


Mammia Mia was a huge Hollywood succes and now there's talking of making a part 2. Amanda Seyfried has already stated that she would up to play Sophie again in Mamma Mia 2.

Cinema Blend says:
"There seems to be some confusion among the movie’s cast as to exactly what songs they’ll be singing in the next film. Last month Colin Firth said here that they’d be picking a new band to provide the sequel’s lyrics but Seyfried insists, “I know it’s still going to be Abba music, because what else would it be. Come on, I wouldn’t do Mamma Mia 2 without Benny and Bjorn.”

I loved Mamma Mia and it made tons of money so why not do a sequel?

Even Meryl Streep would not mind to reappear as a "Grand Mamma Mia", but only if they can get all three guys back to resume their parts.

Beware, it is not set in stone yet, everything is speculation. But with nothing final yet, one thing everyone agrees on is that there are plenty of ABBA songs left to fuel a second installment... and enough directions for the plot.

Colin Firth
"Well, Benny has put the kibosh on the ABBA thing. I don’t know if you read that. Benny Anderson was public - quoting what I read in a newspaper - but he said it’s not going to happen with ABBA. We’re not using the back catalogue. He, I think, has other ambitions, probably. The main thing is they’ve used the songs you would need for that musical and using the rest of the catalogue…I don’t know, you’d have to ask him. From what I’m understanding, the people who do want to make it, are considering the possibility of using another bands music. Why not. But that’s speculation, I’ve got no insight on what will really happen."


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten