donderdag 22 oktober 2009

Julie & Julia


Last night I went to see the Julie & Julia in the cinema. I don't know what I was expecting but this movie came to me as a surprise. I loved it. I loved it so much. Meryl Streep's performance was excellent once again. She absolutely nailed all the characteristics from Julia, her enthousiasm was contagious. If you ever watch it think about me when you watch the scene with the onions and the one with the lobster. i shall never forget Amy Adams' face when she had to put living lobsters into boiling water.

Before I start spoiling more fun bits, let me tell you the story. Amy Adams plays Julie who has a crappy job and lives with her husband in a crappy apartment in Queens. Her husband suggests that the starts a blog. So she does, she cook all the 524 recipes from Julia Childs cooking book. While doing that she starts to learn from Julia and her life is looking up again. Meanwhile we follow the real Julia while she starts her own cooking adventure, and we discover similarities between Julie & Julia's life on the way....

I don't know if I have anything to say except that this is a must see for anyone who loves Meryl Streep, Amy Adams, cooking, eating and movies.

Just make sure you have some good food with it, because it's a guarantee that you'll get hungry.





















Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten