zondag 22 november 2009

The Twilight Saga: New Moon - Review


For teenagers whose movie knowledge only reaches up to Mean Girls it's OK, but don't watch it when you know a good movie from a bad one.

I got dragged to this movie by my friend who is sort of a fan. I downloaded the first movie and thought it was horrible. New Moon was a bit better, but still not in let's say Harry Potter's league. You read on the internet and papers that the chemistry between Robert and Kristen is so good. It's not. I haven't seen a single emotion on Kristen Stewarts' face the whole movie. Pattinson mumbles in a way that is hard to understand. Only the smaller parts were OK, Ashley Green did a good job and so did the rest of the Cullens. Bella's friends were also fine. Taylor Lautner had a tendency to overact, but was also believable.

From the trailer I gathered that the first movie was sort of like the introduction and this movie would be faster and more action and more emotion. Boy was I wrong. It's just as slow as the first one and the action was, well, nothing. The Vulturi fight looked amazing in the trailer, but don't be fooled! Everything you saw of the fight in the trailer (6 seconds) was what's in the movie.



Me and my friend just couldn't get over the fact that Bella is such a bad example for teenage girls! She gets dumped incredibly rudely by a (in my opinion not so attractive) vampire who leaves her and all she can do for months is cry and cry and cry and shout in her sleep. We were like: Hello! the guy is a jerk, get over it! But unfortunately she didn't. She also gets extremely suicidal over her 'loss' and does extremely dangerous things because then she 'sees Edward again'. That was really pathetic. I haven't read any of the books but that was the worst storyline ever. You already expect us to believe in vampires, but I will not cross the line of fantasy in believing that she can see him when she breaks her promise.

Good stuff, was the wolves. I really liked the gang of wolfs, the interaction between them, the friendly ways. The transforming was also done great. I would have liked to see more of them instead of Bella's mourning.

I just have to say one more thing about this vision of Alice of the future. Why o why did they show Edward and Bella dressed in, I don't know, middle-ages clothing and jumping around in the woods? The WHOLE theater was laughing at them. Not good.

When you like the books, sure go and see it. When you like vampires, go see it. When you like Taylor Lautner, go see it (that's why I went). But don't expect quality in this movie. You'll only be disappointed.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten